The Good, The Bad, And The Foggy





      If Being a railfan in the city isn't a challenge enough, I mean by the odd angles, lighting, and other challenges I have to overcome, I like to take on the Challenge of being out in the weather. Most of the time some railfans I know will come out in the snow and shoot pics Just for the sake of having some snow shots.
Q331 During a snow squall
However one of the most fun elements for me is shooting even when the weather is not the best. This means Rain,  Snow, & Fog  now each element has it challenges, snow being the least difficult to deal with, by this I mean you won't get wet quickly, it stays on the ground and looks pretty and can fall slowly but don't underestimate it's ability to turn into bad if you aren't careful.
Q253 during a downpour
In the Spring and summer the Snow turns to rain while most people try to avoid it I don't I kinda like the quietness of the air and the pitter patter of all the rain hitting the ground and the challenges of Low light, dampness and keeping dry this means usually Lurking under a bridge, in building or even if I get blessed enough to get to go with a buddy I still have that fun challenge of Keeping Dry.

The Meet (notice how the rain adds drama)
Rain adds a element of Drama to the photo that otherwise to me would be just another picture of a train. Now while not my personal favorite it is just another way of showing the world that trains just don't run in just sunny weather. My personal favorite is up next for some reason I love Fog, while for other train fans it is a nightmare, but when it is utilized it adds a element of mystery to the picture.
An empty coal train emerges from the Fog
In the picture above one can only wonder where the train came from or to where it is going, being shrouded by the fog only adds to this effect not to mention making a ordinary shot in my favorite words one for the record. While I like and somewhat have gotten down pat the shooting of pictures of trains in bad weather During the daylight I am beginning to venture into the next level of my work.
Wheeling stone train in the early morning rain

While not the best picture I have taken  it just goes to show my dedication to this hobby two elements that come together and make things very difficult and almost impossible (note I said almost)  those elements are night and rain. While I continue to work this winter away with it's sub Zero cold and snow I am looking forward to the challenges next year of the night, the rain, and the fog.
I hope you enjoyed reading and as always remember God is still in control and as always take care.

If you enjoyed reading Please Subscribe

Follow me on the following: 

Google Plus:  https://plus.google.com/u/0/106723741331187820565

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/firstrailphotography

And on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CSX1135JO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radio Call

The Life Of a Urban Railfan

Running from the night