Frozen in time




    This week has been fun but yet not yet so fun for the most part this blog is going to be short as I don't have much activity train wise this week. Sunday began with my departure from my Volunteer position at my church it was more or less a mutual decision I was not going to give up my life as a railfan just to prove dedication to a group of people whom do not appreciate it, but that is another story for another time. Monday I get up at my usual time of 4:30 get my coffee camera and all the fun things packed and halfway up the street I get a text work is cancelled so I turned around an went home so much for the trackside morning before work. While Tuesday rolled around I rinse and repeat the following day but I had to work so I made it down to the spot I sit and the snow was too deep I did not feel like freezing my feet so that's when I decided to head up on the mill street bridge when I hear the horn of Q216 blowing for the dual crossings about 2 miles away I ride my bike to the top of the Bridge and decided to jump over a ice pile (not a smart move) as I missed clearing by about two feet and banged my leg and knee up on the ice pile because I am getting older and my arthritis said no. At this point Q216 was clearing the signal on the radio about a mile away as I get up hobble over get my camera out and just in time of me removing my lens cover here Q216 rolls past and all I could do is watch. As Q216 rolled past I heard Q253 rolling west clearing Broad blvd about 4 miles East/North so I went over to the North side of the bridge and waited about 15 minutes when he rolled under me.
Well after he went by it was time to go to work and on with the rest of the day.
for the most part the weather and my soreness from my episode on the bridge kept me bound at home Wednesday along with some family issues to boot for added measure, but I did however sneak out and get some night shots in Monochrome of the snow falling on my street
 
 Thursday I slept in just I wasn't feeling all the greatest (wonder why?) so this morning I was able to just shoot the sunrise due to a bunch of partial crossing activations, crew curfews, and track inspectors holding up trains. At least I did get a nice pic of the sunrise, the  tracks and the urban canyon.
Insert train here should be the caption. For the most part my weekend is shot for any trains and Sunday begins another week for me and a new adventure. But on a final note some may scold me for the decision I made on Sunday but I am a firm believer and Joel Osteen confirmed it
from Ephesians 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, KJV
life is to precious to miss your opportunity and waste time with people who suck you dry of your gift or passion. Being trackside is my passion and photography is one of my many gifts  in my opinion I made the right decision after praying about it and I am at peace not having to worry about giving up something just to prove it to man. While I am leaving you with a quote I say is true~ Put the Dead fish on the table if we cannot resurrect it and make it swim then we will cook it and eat it, because a dead fish laying does nothing but stink.  Meaning if it is a dead situation and one one attempt is not working try something else either way you will make a difference I hope you enjoyed my blog as well as I have sharing it with you if you like it, Share it, subscribe, or follow me on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter and if you don't like it well, sorry hope you find what you are looking for take care and God Bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radio Call

The Life Of a Urban Railfan

Running from the night