Running from the night



          This week began on this past Saturday, trains  have been thin this week but I had the chance to get some great photo opportunities. One of the best pictures I feel in my opinion never even had a train in it. On a way to a friends house I cross the same set of tracks they bring the stone train in on. (for more on the rock train read A blues brothers morning ) while on the way I began to notice how the sunset was taking shape and when I arrived at the crossing the sky was perfect. 
The Sunset Saturday
I stopped and got my camera out, using my large 55-250mm lens in manual mode I was able within a few minutes capture the shot. Mind you I was pressed for time but made it on time to my destination with a few minutes to spare. As Saturday evening came to a close I reflected on the just what I had taken a picture of.  Sunday afternoon had it's own challenges after church while I was out scoping shot opportunities on the same track in a oddly 53 deg rainy afternoon. I crossed over a drainage ditch that was frozen to get the shots only to my disappointment  that the angle would be wrong, to make matters worse as I crossed back over the ditch my right foot broke through the ice and I quickly found my right leg knee deep in ice water. Now having your boot and pants leg knee deep in ice water in a misty foggy rain is invigorating to say the least.
So much for my experiment Sunday, Monday did not provide me any trains due to Crew van shortages and Frozen track switches  Tuesday provided the just the usual cold weather.and just  two trains it was still too dark and cold to get any good pictures  ( I tried but to no avail) but that afternoon I got off work I decided to lurk in one of my spots and while on the phone I heard Q359 call the AY signal in perfect sun,I sat down on the rock pile and steadied my camera for a easy bag.
Q359 with old 95
As I went home with my catch satisfied with the leader and cold it was only 13deg that day, Wednesday I kept my butt at home I could have went out but chose not too Thursday proved to be a challenging morning not only personally but weather and light wise while I missed the symbol talking with a friend on the phone I caught the T411 ( usual coal drag the only reason I knew the symbol) On the phone standing on a 5 ft high ice and snow pile and sitting on a fence top leaning over barbed wire I grabbed this shot one handed and had to turn it into black and white to make it decent.
T411 rolls west in the early morning snow

While Friday morning I decided not to turn the Scanner on I was surprised by Q216 a usual morning auto carrier, while this week only hosted six trains  and I only got pictures of three I still say I had a good week. While tonight I cuddle up with a cup of coffee and reflect back on this week I seemed to try to run from the night this week now I am offering some words of wisdom as usual if you noticed the pictures watermarks Psalms 72:18 basically states God is still in control and Psalms 64:1 is a prayer prayed by David asking God's protection from the enemy. However the one that really touched me was Psalms 23:5 when it stated he would prepare a table for you in the presence of your enemies now I don't know where you come from but how I grew up I was taught you prepare a table to eat, feast or celebrate a occasion. Here it gets deep it did not say we would not have enemies or people who did not like us but we will have a feast set before us with our cup running over and an anointing on us no man can do in their presence. Which brings me to my Final point in Psalms 30:5 it basically states we may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning. While most of us do not like night or darkness it is how you handle it that counts are you going to run from it or are you going to embrace the challenge? Until Next time  take care and remember God is in Control, if you liked reading this blog Subscribe or follow me on the links below as I keep moving on my journey along the lines

On Google: https://plus.google.com/u/0/106723741331187820565 

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/firstrailphotography

On Twitter: https://twitter.com/CSX1135JO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radio Call

The Life Of a Urban Railfan