Chasing D750




            There are those times you just have to get away from it all and just spend time out on the High iron this was one of those days. It was the first Wed in October, and  I knew winter would be setting in and it would be the last I could spend a lot of time out trackside without being cold. For the most part the CSX had been quiet nothing much on the radio all day. Against my better Judgement I decided to head South or railroad West I went over to the next town called Barberton I had a spot I like shooting from a grade crossing that offers a great photo op depending on the time of day while not the perfect time of day for this pic the first train I caught was the Q352
Q352 heading East on the single main
After the Q352 Came the D750 this is a local that to most railfans can be a nuisance due to them tying up the single main and thus making trains sit and wait, today However I decided to see if I could chase them. I first sighted them in on a road that parallels the tracks under the state street bridge at this point the train was kinda short as they only had four cars in tow
D750 with only four cars 
  Now I knew they had to switch the ABC railway yard and one slight advantage I had was there is a towpath trail next to the tracks and canal so after I nabbed this picture I hopped on my bike and the trail and took off in hot pursuit catching back up with them at Snyder ave.
D750 at Snyder ave after picking up cars at the ABC yard
Now I was getting some interesting looks from the crew as I was on a bike and caught up to them quick. As they rolled by I waved and decided to see if I could catch them in action again at a place called Jones Mfg. on Vanderhoof road now this kinda I think really surprised the conductor whom now probably though either he was on the slowest train in the world  or I was a fast biker but honestly it was a mixture of the both
 The last time I would see the D750 for the evening

 Now as the crew finished the switching and called the dispatcher to inform him they were done I heard him give another train the Q137 the go ahead on single main. Since it was getting dark and I had just a little light left where I was I decided to risk the shot and I was able to get it and move on because I heard the K055 rolling west from Downtown Akron. Hoping I could make it back to Snyder ave in time I risked missing him but I managed to get there just a few minutes before he come blowing through.

The Q137 and the early fall colors
Now I was fortunate to have caught the K055 with two BNSF pumpkins leading and Clean ones to boot. All in all it had been a good evening for the trains I was catching although the sun was slowly sinking into the West sky and I knew my day was coming to a end and I would have to go home soon.
K055 heads west through the last  of the days light
While I Heard the IO dispatcher talking to another Eastbound I timed the K055 to see if I could catch the Eastbound and yes it seemed feasible so I lurked around and caught him coming though. I did not hear his symbol till he was past me and it was the Q394 with a former BN trailer 
Q394 the last of the days catch
As the sun set on that day I headed home satisfied I saw the trains I did. On the way home I stopped off at the new McDonald's they built near my house and had a warm meal on a cool fall night then I went on home to get prepared for my day at work tomorrow it was a great trip and to take pictures in a different place than I usually do made it worth my while and gave me a break from trying to shoot the urban scene so much and gave me some experience with small town America.

As always I thank you for Reading and remember God is still in Control, If you liked it please subscribe or follow me on one of the Links Below

On Google: https://plus.google.com/u/0/106723741331187820565

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/firstrailphotography

On Twitter: https://twitter.com/CSX1135JO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radio Call

The Life Of a Urban Railfan

Running from the night