A Shave and a Haircut Fifteen cents





         If April Showers bring May flowers then we are getting a bath here in NE Ohio and should be expecting and a abundance of flowers this year no excuses, with all this rain somethings gotta grow.
Monday Began a bright sunny day due to me trying to lurk around my usual spot I almost missed the rock train but caught it anyhow (talk about favor) and shot this Dramatic shot of the W&LE#4003 that was to lead the stone train that day.

4003 on the connection track after shoving up the hill
After grabbing him I scooted off to work for the day. Tuesday brought me hearing them moving light power to go up to the interchange to the CSX to go pick up the empties with Jeremy at the throttle. Here is Jeremy and one of the main reasons I love this hobby `~ Cool guys like him.

Jeremy looking cool
After the conductor tossed the switch they moved up the interchange I knew Fred would catch him at the office me I decided to do the Deja~vu and catch him in my spot I caught Chuck (Jeremy's teacher) almost a year earlier.

Almost the same shot, Almost a year later
Well like Chuck, Jeremy and his conductor headed off to do the work I did the same that afternoon was slow do to a tamper and regulator working on washouts and mud-pumps ( areas of track water sits under the ties) the only one I netted was Q226 running reverse main to get around our work crew mixing cement a few miles east for a washout. I was able to get in my words one of the best cloudy day shots ever of the Q226

Q226 rolling East
After that I went home and stayed in till Thursday Morning I was at the office when I heard the Wheeling coming in with the rock train  for our local ABC crew After shooting it I headed to work once they tied onto the other end but with the Sun Shining it seemed God had been smiling on me and this next pic just does not do that morning any justice but never the less here it is

The conductor get the switch under a beautiful Sky 
Friday came and I was at my usual spot when I heard the dispatcher talking to none other than my Buddy Chuck telling him he has a narrow window to move his train or he is sitting for a couple of hours, Chuck took to the track and said we're on the move oddly enough that is when Q359 decided to crop around the corner well hoping I wouldn't get snagged by this West-bounder. Thankfully I did not due to the engineer getting on the move once he got to the speed sign a few hundred feet from me. Just as his tail end cruised past me I heard Chuck call out Z641 clear Firestone I knew then I would catch him as he came by he gave a shave and a haircut on the air horn as he passed by on the opposite track on his way to be reversed to get to the connection. Here is Z641.......

Z641 with 10 Cars in Tow
As this wrapped up my week of train chasing but it did not end there I learned where the term shave and a haircut came from was a little song apparently barbers used to sing. As I wrap up this week I hope you enjoyed and remember God is still on the throne and is still in control  and here is something new I am leaving you with a Video of the Z641 with the Horn action

 

If you Liked Please Subscribe: 
 

Check me out on the following:

 



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radio Call

The Life Of a Urban Railfan

Running from the night