Life Less Ordinary

"The railfan is not an easy man to understand. Railroading for him is simply too big, too private, and too obvious an emotion to be able to explain it. Railroading requires friends, friends who understand its complexities and can explain its virtues, friends who without thought of reward are curious and concerned about this business of flanged wheels on steel rails. Friends who, for lack of a better word, might be called railfans."
David P. Morgan

  The above Quote is so true I haven't posted much due to my schedule and lack of Trains but I am back my friends and here is a collection of the trains I gathered this past week and a half. Most of my mornings consisted of seeing the morning usual's the Q138 and the 226 or the 276 depending on the  crew schedules and train operations. Monday I get off work and find the K375 sitting waiting on a signal by my work place so even though it was cloudy I learned never turn down the opportunity of a sitting train. 
K375 sitting Pretty
I was able to also capture video of him taking off from his stop and it is available on my You tube channel located at the bottom of this page. Tuesday became even better I get off work and turn my scanner on to find the K055 with a Citirail unit on the point and four more trains behind it.
K055 With the Citirail on point
After him came the Q353,the K045
,the Q253 and the D750 I was able to capture pictures of all of them except the K045 due to me trying to see if our rock train was sitting in it's usual spot but it wasn't, a missed opportunity oh well here are some of the highlights. 
Q253 with a badly faded unit in the lead 
D750 passes under the market street bridge
After the D750 there was a few eastbounds but nothing spectacular and with the way my Knee and ankle felt after riding all around I was just too through for the day to stick around. The weather and my schedule kept me in for the most part. Monday presented a new schedule (my normal one) that when the sun gets earlier will afford me more trains and pictures. All day Monday this week had a odd cloud deck and presented me some neat shots of the usual suspect the Q375 as he passed by my spot
Q375 I was going for more of the clouds and not the Train
Tuesday had more trains, You had the S330 with a Former Conrail Leader,  K043 with a BNSF lead  and the Q015 with another Ex Conrail leader 
Along with more Clouds the Point of the day was I got my first Daylight morning shot in four months of the you guessed it the morning Q253. 

Q253 On a Soggy Tuesday Morning

S330 With a Former Conrail SD50

KO43 With a BNSF  Leader

Q015 with a Dash 8 in the lead
 For the most part my week has been something other than ordinary this past week both personally and Train wise, I am not going to leave you empty handed without something to at least if not only to teach, but to encourage you as well. The other night I had a phone call and it was from a person whom I care about and doesn't even seem right now to have any regards for me but I learned one thing in life is to be the better person and still love them even though it hurts sometimes. While one thing is to wonder why we go through things like this, why our family, our loved ones treat us like they do sometimes, we have physical afflictions, or Life doesn't seem fair it isn't to punish you but to make you Stronger and if it wasn't for our burdens then we would be no better off than the rest. But it is our friends whom keep us encouraged that makes part of the difference,  sometimes like the trains we watch have a heavy load but we also have power Not only in ourselves but in the word of God. Sometimes we set and call God like the dispatcher saying I can't make it up this hill, but his response is I have given you the same amount of power you just have to apply it Power in Faith, The word of God and Our tongues we speak things into existence Proverbs 18:21 and with this example I am leaving you alone for the week. Just think about it next time you are trackside and you see a cloud near the sun, one common thing I hear is I am going to get cloud (insert bad word)  and it happens doesn't it. Let's start there changing our way of thinking by not saying things like this and just letting God have his Sovereign way he can do a better Job than we ever can and remember he is still in control and on the throne of heaven Until next week take care and Peace out. 

If You Enjoyed Subscribe: 

  


Check me out on the following:

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radio Call

The Life Of a Urban Railfan

Running from the night