Reflections of a Railfan




       This morning the air was amiss with the dampness from the fog and the impecting rain that began to fall. It was almost a year ago that life seemed to filled with happier times times I thought would at least continue. While I waited on my usual trains I see the Q138 and the Q355 I began to think of this day. I was somewhat new on my job and new to my morning routine on watching trains When I saw the Q137 with it's train in tow.
Q137 with the Sun rising
While I went on into work Satisfied I was able to see this one train,the day would only begin to get better as I was able to see Five more trains that day prior to being picked up for what would be one of my most memorable days The last two Trains I saw that day was Q253 and the Q299.
Q299
As the Q299 rounded the corner with a former Conrail unit leading I set my camera to capture the moment in time. I knew time was winding up as I got a text my friend was getting close to picking me up, I watched the 299 roll by me. As the train neared the end like that day of railfanning I Snapped one final picture of the tail end of the 299 as it passed me marking the end of a good day railfanning.
Q299 hits track speed on the journey west
While that end of the day proved to be one of the best having dinner with my friend and her family proved to make one of the most in my terms, epic days yet, days I know will come again soon. As I took a sip from my coffee cup this morning the rain began to fall while the Q355 passed me by on the opposite track I reminisced about this day a day that kept me warm from the morning chill and as the Q355 finished passing me I began to get ready for my day at work and begin the slow walk over to my job making for another good day in the books. I hope you enjoyed my post and remember God is still in control.

If you liked Subscribe: 
 
Check me out on the following:

 





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radio Call

The Life Of a Urban Railfan

Running from the night