A Steel Mouse in a Brick House



        Tonight as I write about my week it is been almost a full half of a year since I have been out of my little city life for train watching. While it is been a challenge trying to adjust to a life I knew before I got what I thought was my  biggest blessing I wanted only to find I might still lose it ( I am not going too much into it personally) but it has driven me crazy this past week and it only has been a full week since but this is why I am keeping myself focused on my other love and passion, trains. After a typical non- train weekend this week only yielded me three trains locally. Not feeling like even being bothered I left from work and took my co-workers advice to go trackside, I meandered my  way through our parking lot. As I reached the next street I heard Q372 call exchange with a HLCX leader Boy did that perk up my ears I rushed the 750 yards on my bike and climbed upon a 5ft high snow pile getting my camera set up with filters and settings within about 30 seconds, I took a test shot, I was close, I tweaked it a little more and before I could try again there was his headlights.
Q372 with a Hairball on point
For the most part I as ecstatic that it came out as well as it did, satisfied I headed home. For the most part the rest of the week was devoid of any trains, although I tried everyday just too cold and not enough trains till Friday. Friday I get off work and hear Q277 removing a obstruction in the rail ( a shopping cart a local nuisance for CSX crews)   after letting the IO dispatcher know they was back on the move I did the same moved right into my spot on the bridge for the shot.
Q277 on the move west
No sooner than the Q277 called out the signal to go to  single main here comes Q253 calling two signals away, I ride about a block away and and get up on yet another bridge to get the shot this time I went for a more artistic approach an decided to try and bracket the old Steam Loco from the display at our local university. GOT IT Cha-Ching.
Q253 with two old soldiers
That was just the beginning to a great weekend, this morning my buddy Dave Messaged me we were going to Canton, come to find out it was one of my new favorite places a place called WANDLE now wandle has it's challenges Close quarters and traffic hazards (both cars and trains) but is well worth it as the blog title states it is a steel mouse in a brick house or as my next pic best shows it.
A Wheeling Mouse
They have to stop and throw a relay switch to cross the Norfolk Southern Mainline ( one of the sweet things about this location) this provided a opportunity to get more shots here is the crew walking to get the Switch
Walking to get the signal
While not many of my shots from the NS side came out (was on the wrong side, a learning lesson for me) I did get some great shots of the W&LE and with this final pic was due in part to another railfan Matt that showed us inadvertently this location and caught our final train of the day and brought this week to a close. A good week indeed.
Our final train of the day

While I usually say God is in control I want to leave you with a little something different. Sometimes it is easy to get frustrated with situations, items, and even people but remember every day is not going to be sunshine and when things do come up but have faith they will work themselves out just give it time and patience. This I have yet to really master but have learned to start doing, it makes the difference and I always have to remember not every shot is going to come out nor is it going to be in my favor all the time but I have to keep the faith even if it don't work out for me in the end. Until next time take care.

If you liked it subscribe 


Follow me on the following:

Google: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ElmerThomasCSX1135JO

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/1293oh

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CSX1135JO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radio Call

The Life Of a Urban Railfan

Running from the night