slice of fall


With Summer well past us and the trick or treater's out of the way we are in the thick of fall here in Northeast Ohio. For the most part I have been enjoying the good weather when we have it and even when we don't. Like the fall colors, the selection of color on the locomotive consists of both the CSX and the W&LE railroads has really been colorful to say the Least. With cool mornings and warm days lets take a journey on what I have seen so far.

Q137 with the early fall  colors
For the beginning of October computer problems kept me from doing what I love to do, however I managed the chaos and still got some great shots in my opinion like the one above. This one I caught when I got off work and heard him two signals away at Broad Blvd I set up on the bridge and waited the 15 or so minutes for him to approach and it seemed at the right moment the sky and the lighting seemed to work in my favor. The next few days provided me with the chance to chase my buddy's stone train with a former GM demonstrator on it one it day seemed to be mostly Cloudy as X790 passed by me in my usual spot with a light power move   

X790 rolling by and just look at that sky
after the  light power move it seemed to start clearing off some and that is when I heard "clear 30 to the crossing" it was Jeremy and Chuck with the empty cars shoving back to the connection. I stayed and watched as the rolled by and then chased them down to the Wheeling tracks to watch as they put the train away for that day. That day just for a brief moment the sun came out and with all the beauty of the colors it seemed to bust out the blue and white of the former GM unit on the point.

6314 with the complimentary fall colors 
After that a few days was spent hit or miss with the CSX as they have work crews hustling to get track work done prior to the winter rearing it's head.

Q375 running reverse main to allow the Q137 to pass
With this work going on the dispatcher made a fun maneuver with no eastbound trains on the board he rolled the Q375 a mixed freight at a slower speed down the number two track and told the hotshot Q137 to keep moving at track speed to get his train around the slower peddler freight and on it's way  Now you may wonder why this is special well the Q375 was about 5,000 feet long an the Q137 was closer to 8,000 now add in the horsepower and the grade involved through Akron and you have quite  a show.

Q137 passing the Q375 (note the fall colors starting to show)
After that showcase it has been somewhat hard to take pics in the morning as the time change did not happen till Sunday and it was to dark out but I still did take the opportunity to nail some nice night shots (once again in my opinion)

Light Power, Light Trails
  As I close with this one from this morning I almost missed this one as I had to be at work and they had a lot of restrictions due to crossing signals not working but they made pretty good time with a pair of BNSF pumpkin units on the leaded (How fitting for fall) Ladies and Gent's here is my final train the K143

Pumpkin pie anyone ?
As I close and thank you for taking the time to read this blog, I just want to leave you with some more food for thought, in life we are taught to forgive others but one thing we seem to be never taught and it is the hardest lesson is to forgive ourselves if God forgives us for anything then why can't we find the way to forgive ourselves. Until next time take care and remember God is still in control

If you liked Subscribe: 
 
 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radio Call

The Life Of a Urban Railfan

Running from the night