A Horse is a Horse of course



I can say I have had a great week, with eating till I could not move and spending some times with family and friends I have a lot to be thankful for, let's begin.

Sunday I get out of church and not even 10 minutes later I hear the Q359 calling Broad street now mind you perfect sun and clouds, warm temps, and being in the one spot I like to shoot from it began to be a great day.

Q359 rolls west past some track equipment
Well after the Q359 I hear the dispatcher calling the K157 and hearing him cackle on the radio and I knew he was close, so I went to another one of my usual spots and waited till I heard him call the last signal by me and with knowing light was not on my side I had to make it work.
Pumpkins on the K-train
 After the K157 I heard the track gang out working East ask him if anything behind him and his reply was no, so there was no sense and watching the rails rust (and yes I have done this plenty of times). So off to the Wheeling tracks to see what was lurking and that is where I found the Stone train with its leader long hood forward.
The stone train long hood forward
As I made my way home I made the climb up the hill past the final set of RR tracks where I see my buddy Fred setting waiting on our local excursion train the Cuyahoga Valley so I sat and waited with him for it to come by. 
CVSR 6771 Leaving Akron
While that pretty much wrapped up Sunday I also got another picture on Railpics. Monday I was a little slow in going but caught this mixed freight rolling west before work
Early morning westbound roller
Tuesday was another day of greatness while void of trains I was surprised by my friend Sean at work and the book she brought me on trains along with the beautiful cover she made for it. I also managed to catch a track crew and one of my favorite pieces of MOW equipment a ballast regulator or affectionately known as a rock flicker.
Making Dust
  After that I went home and Wednesday I decided to take off with my buddy Zach for the country while out west we stopped at a town called Warwick where we caught several trains.

K375 (one of the many trains we saw that day)
After the last westbound I was trying to shoot this train the W037 moving back to his train I leaned against the fence braced myself against the post and set myself for the shot
W037 backing onto his train
As I was shooting I get nudged by a wet nose on my shoulder from this guy........
My Equestrian friend 
Now I knew by leaning on the fence I had encroached on his area so I moved a few feet away only to have him lip my camera strap and the back of my neck so I wound up spending a few minutes petting him and took his picture before we headed south to catch some Wheeling action
The 768 hauling a Stone train east
After chasing the trains around Brewster we waited for a pair of tunnel motors but  a broken rail kept them in the yard till Dark so on the way home I noticed a full moon and we decided to shoot the moon over Route 241.
Country roads taking me home
Well as that day ended it was  another great one in my books Friday had me on a weird work schedule and I was able only to capture one train the L394
The Last Train for the week
While I have so much to be thankful for this week I want to leave you with this little food for thought. Be thankful for the not so good things as well sometimes God allows us to go through rough times to shape us and mold us into something better it is not easy to be thankful for this I know but also as I always say it and always will God is still in control. Until next time stay blessed

If you liked it Subscribe: 

 


Check me out on the following:

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radio Call

The Life Of a Urban Railfan

Running from the night