Of Presidents and Kings



      This week has brought about a lot of interesting things trackside let's begin with Tuesday and Wednesday  not much went on in the special realm I heard the Q226 but never the less I only missed it by a minute. (I had to be to work and I refuse to be late over a train even though I love the iron that much) So let's fast forward to Thursday, the morning brought zero trains but as I was at work when I received the text that the Nickel Plate Berkshire number 765  That belongs to the Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society was coming into Akron for her annual excursion for steam in the valley. I had a place I wanted to shoot in mind but some troublemakers had showed up and I decided not to keep any bad company so I moved up the hill to the second place I had in mind. As I arrived I was met by a friend whom I had not  seen in fifteen years. As the afternoon progressed so did the 765 and along with her came the rest of my friends. While waiting on the final leg of her journey into downtown we all got into position to take the picture and was courteous and respectful enough to stay out of each others way. Here is the shot I was able to capture.....

765 Passing the Hotel Matthews monument.
While the only reason this worked was we had to be respectful and courteous of each other......

Marc and I after the 765 came by (Photo by George Sillett)

When you are respectful and courteous and take the time to show it to others good things like this happen, nobody lost and everybody will win it just is the facts.
While that day faded into one of the most beautiful days I have had in a while.
Friday Morning came and along with a Surprise on Q253. What was my surprise? It was CSX 7812 the Former CSX 1992 that pulled the POTUS (President Of The United States) for Bill Clinton (what a neat surprise I had there) after the surprise visitor, I made a new Friend name Tameka, she has always been friendly and has said good morning to me. After that I went to work, but today laid the ground work for some great chases. The first one I want to mention was the rock train that had special power a former lease engine still in it's green and silver screen we went to a spot of my choice and I nailed the shot.

Rocks and Rain
While it seemed to want to rain all day today we was able along with some other usual trains to capture Q015 with over 10,000 feet of train a king sized monster. Although just before him the dispatcher ran Q355 down the opposite track to be able to get the Q015 around the Q389 and the Q355 that was just ahead of the Q389 

Q389 running reverse main

Q015 rolling west past the two peddler freights
With this blog I want to close today with a dedication to my Railroad Friends I often see the sacrifices these guys make transporting the goods and services we take for granted. From the ones like my buddy Dave whom has to repair and keep up the track to the conductors like my buddy Randy whom spends a rainy Saturday riding a shove through Akron moving stone ,while most of us love to spend a day like today in the warmth and comfort of our homes, guys like him make a often unappreciated and dangerous sacrifice to make sure not only we have Stone to build with but Coal to keep us in lights, food for your table, and the goodies you enjoy so much,
One the cowboy's whom rides the steel horses
While most professional sports players have fans, I am proud to say I am a fan of these guys when you move the tonnage they do given the circumstances, sacrifices  and the pay they are a special force not to be reckoned with. With this I close dedicating this blog to all those railroad buddies I know personally and the ones whom give me the old blast on the horn while I am trackside whom I have yet to meet a special thank you comes from me to you. Until next time Take care, remember God is still in charge

If you Enjoyed Follow me on the following : 

 
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radio Call

The Life Of a Urban Railfan

Running from the night