Trains and Rain




I know it has been a while since posting on here but if you have looked at the weather here in Ohio you might understand. We have had rain almost every day at some point during the day it keeps me on my toes to try and keep myself and my equipment dry. Add in the fact I got to do photos for a wedding and other photo work this is what has been keeping me from posting. Last weekend I had the chance to go out and try a new lens with my buddy Dave and not only did we have Trains but we had a little mix of weather that made me really hone my skills as a photographer ( I shoot in Manual mode most of the time) So let's begin...........

While not the first train we saw, here is a Photo of the early morning (about 7:30am)  consist of the Q352

Q352 in the rain

 As you can see from the photos the rain just seemed to pour at times ( one of the reasons we were under a bridge) That did not discourage me from taking shots and trying first hand the new lens. As the morning continued we heard the 359 Calling the signals only to be stopped  by the dispatcher to allow a Q015 by and with the rain we were not going to drive up the 1/2 mile to get pictures so we just stayed in our spot and waited for them.

Q015 (the Q359 is just out of sight)
While the Q015 passed the dispatcher told the Q359 to sit tight that he was going to run another train the Q355 around him.

The Q355 (note the Q359 had left going up to the next signal)
While I wold have liked to gotten the shot of the Q359 the rain and wind was just too much for me to risk getting our the car. After our westbound parade along came some of our eastbounds and a couple of other railfans. The first one by was the Q216
The Q216
As it seemed to be the weather finally was letting up with the eastbounds as time wound on I wound my way up to the sidewalk on the bridge to shoot what soon will be no more due to a revamping of our local expressway which includes removing two of the grade crossings in the next set of photos.

The eastbound (the symbol skips my my mind)
Along with our Eastbound mixer out came the sun for a little while through the clouds. The next Eastbound was a Q276 with a OFOX leader and thankfully the clouds had moved back in to help with the back-lighting issues I was facing being back on the ground level

Q276 with the OFOX Leaser
While the day wound on we made the point to find our local stone train was on the move after chasing him and a few more westbounds time was winding up for us as I had to be at work, the last two trains we would see was the Q353 and the local stone train making the shove back to their connection.

The Q353 rolls by under me

Z642 on the shove
For the most part this sums up my weekend and some of what I have been up to. As always in closing I would like to offer some wisdom. While most of us would have stayed in on a day like this I thought it proved to be a successful one, I know you are asking yourself why was it a successful one? Shooting in foul weather? (Rain, Snow or other conditions) ? It proves to sharpens ones skill as it takes knowledge to set the camera properly and keep up with the changes. The same could be applied to life sometimes we don't always like the rain that shows up but it is not up to us to control, like the rain I had no choice in the control but I had the ability to control myself and the camera. While I have learned to just let the rain fall and enjoy the good and bad days this is because I have learned who controls the clouds the rain and the sun and allow him to do his work. As always in closing I hope you enjoyed this blog and feel free to subscribe. Until next time take care. 
Check me out on the following:

 





                

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radio Call

The Life Of a Urban Railfan

Running from the night