Belles will be ringing







I told my psychiatrist everybody hates me. 
He said I was being ridiculous- everybody hasn't met me yet .
~Rodney Dangerfield~





              This past couple of weeks has been rough, how rough you ask? Well so rough that railroad rock feels like Charmin toilet paper. However at least I was rewarded with some great foreign power running on the sub. 

BNSF ON Q138
Wednesday morning provided me with the pair of BNSF pumpkins on Q138  as I was headed into work. Later that day I would miss UP and other great power due to the fact of someone tricking me into meeting their daughter for lunch. The reason I say tricked is the way they described this girl as the most beautiful one and it might change my mind on what I desire, well the girl was a nice girl but far from the description heck, the nicest thing I could think to say was I liked her hair. Honestly the girl was a younger resemblance of Mi-Mi off the Drew Carry show, not my cup of coffee. After this I decided to salvage what remained of my afternoon and the local ABC railway didn't disappoint. After getting cloud bagged with the Q235 I managed to get the Z641 on the way back to Barberton as it passed the Q330 with a GP40-2 leader. 

106 to save the day
Now after they went by it went back to the daily mid afternoon lull, it was time for me to go I was ready to go home and relax as I had to be into work the next afternoon. After washing the car Thursday morning and missing the stone train move, I worked the event I loathed due to giving up my trip for and later that night and the next morning it would rain, and the only bright spot was the KCS 4771 on the Q138, I have pictures but just haven't got them edited (still working on editing pictures from the wedding I did two weeks ago) so that wrapped up my week for railfanning until today, and it took a turn for the better. Once I got up and got myself ready for church I noticed the Q138 (the Eastbound 137) had the KCS 4771 leading with perfect sun I decided to haul to a different spot to shoot from as I pulled into a parking lot adjacent to the tracks I met another railfan named Glenn he was a older gent from Southern Ohio and I Informed him of the 4771's approach so he stuck around with me, however a cloud would get in my way of the perfect sun but I am not  turning down a KCS unit leading in Daylight. 


The Elusive Belle Unit
Now to compare myself to Moby Dick on trying to catch this unit in daytime light let alone good sun would be an honest comparison, however it would soon turn out ok as the clouds cleared and the Q389 was hot on the trail of the Q137 save face I got a shot similar to the one I wanted 20 minutes earlier, but hey beggars can't be choosers. 

Q389 rolls upgrade through the S-curve
So once they went by with 49 cars (the shortest 389 I have ever seen) it was the D-750's turn to roll next on track two as they went by light power ( I will save this pic for a later Blog) We decided to go across the street and shoot the remaining Westbound trains which would include the Q299 and the Q353 all with less cars than normal. Now I had to work with the given spot I was shooting from and be courteous to my guest and let him get the lead shot I managed still to get a decent one of the Q353.

The last one for the day the Q353
After my afternoon of the much needed break in the constant monotony of my life I came home with some renewed hopes of getting more trains this month as it seems to have turned around for me for the better and one day I will catch that Belle in perfect light. Now you know I must leave you with some food for thought, we all do things we do not like because we have to but there sometimes is a choice sometimes we can choose to accept what others think we want or try and sell us but the truth is if you give in from who you really are then you will be the only miserable one. Stay true to yourself and remember God is still in control until next time take care. 

If you liked Please Subscribe:

Check me out on the following:

 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radio Call

The Life Of a Urban Railfan

Running from the night