A Lost Paradise


                

                 I know it has almost been two months since my last post and I truly apologize to my followers who read this blog, to tell the truth I just haven't been myself lately. I had lost my passion due to a number of reasons, mainly people. I began with my boss telling me I had to much time on my hands and increasing my workload in order to wear me out after work and it worked for a while. but from time to time it would work out in my favor to catch something rolling through in the early morning or the early afternoon right after work but with my van acting up, the weather, and my work/Life schedule it just kept me from getting out trackside like I wanted. In my last post I talked about making room for more railfanning and I have, but somethings just haven't worked out in my favor yet. But what began to get my spark back was I had to go to the dentist in mid-June and with a headache (caused by a tooth) I had about 2 hours to kill so I wandered trackside to see if I could catch anything rolling, and I was able to catch the Q416 coming by on track two.

Q416 with a surprise in tow just around the corner
With it being in high sun and being on the wrong side of the light I still took a shot at him just because I hadn't exercised my camera in over two weeks. On my way back to the van the usual mid afternoon clouds moved over the sun but it became in my favor. How? Well as the Q416 rolled past me I turned and looked over my shoulder and low and behold I saw my first circus car from the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey circus. While I never had the opportunity to see the entire train in action I did catch one of the blue units on it's way to it's new home.

My first time ever seeing one, let alone actually photographing it
After seeing it it left me with a small spark that soon would die out again, being bored with the usual Q138 and the Q352 I  began walking in the morning to try and curb some of this weight and build up muscle. On one of my walks I heard the Q138 blow for South Street and I just happened to be up on the Mill Street bridge and with the cloud base that morning I just couldn't pass up the opportunity for a picture perfect morning photo.

Q138 On a picture perfect morning
After him the next day rain would put a nix in my morning walk but not my railfanning I parked under the University Ave bridge to keep the sideways rain from coming through my van window and here come the Q353 through the pouring rain.

A wet morning it was
After him I went onto work and it was almost a week before my next catch. During the mornings trackside I have my scanner on, and on a heads up from a Facebook page I heard a rumor of a KCS Belle unit on Q388 with that, I kind of hung around, but the tracks were quieter than a church mouse during prayer, I just pulled into the parking lot at work when I heard the infamous train call two signals away. Knowing I would never would make it if I drove I grabbed my bag and ran up to the Mill Street bridge ( those walks helped my time and ability to run) I was able to snag them and catch my second Belle unit through Akron.

Lady Belle makes her way through Akron
  With that not much else was worth writing about while I caught a few trains here and there I just let them go that was until my buddy Chris was on the Q137 I was able to get a picture but it didn't turn out like I had hoped but here it is.


Q137 under the helm of my buddy Chris
With him brought some favor with the Q137 as all that week I was able to catch it in good light the first being I get off of work and see him stopped at Exchange Street waiting for traffic to clear up I was able to drive down and catch him coming through Akron by the bus station.

Q137 rolls past a Metro Van on it's way West
But what put the real fire in me was I got hurt bad enough to quit and I believe this is what that person wanted. This person I looked up to as my mentor and friend and I will spare the details but they did something to break my trust with them. As I reeled from this persons blow I almost hung it up but a small voice came to me tonight and said "The battles we fight are not always to win but to keep others from taking what is rightfully ours" With that phrase I was blessed enough to get my courage up and write this post. This leaves me with my final thought, Sometimes we have friends we think mean us good but in reality they have other intentions and some of those intentions are to hurt you in any way they can. This hurts especially if you look up to them and they do something to you but, you must never quit leave it in the hands of God, leave them alone and move on sometimes it can get painful but in the end you will be better off. Remember friends God is still in control and until next time take care.

If you liked please Subscribe: 


Check me out on the following:

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radio Call

The Life Of a Urban Railfan

Running from the night